Why share your story?
You may not think your story is worth telling - but we think your children or grandchildren will want to know your story in years to come!
Things to think about
Here are some questions you might like to answer when sharing your story:
- When did you or your family emigrate to New Zealand?
- Why did you or your family come here?
- What's your family history? Who are you related to? Where do you come from?
- What was it like for you or your family to come to New Zealand for the first time?
- How easy/difficult was it for you or your family to assimilate?
- How much English did you or your family speak when you/they first came here?
- What links (family, cultural, business etc) have you or your family maintained with the Netherlands?
- What elements of Dutch life (language, culture etc) have you retained?
- What do you like/dislike about living in New Zealand?